Monday, October 1, 2007

Being Alive....

Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. ~Harold Whitman

Hmmm…..I like this. Maggie sent it to me. (if you don't know her, you should.)
How much of a difference could each single life made if we chose to sit in every single moment and really live? How would our quality of life change? Probably not a very difficult question to answer.

I have recently started to question this with my own job. I love doing the not-for-profit thing. I believe in helping people and cancer has affected my family in so many ways...it feels great to give back. But does it make me come alive? I honestly can’t say yes to that question. Don't get me wrong...I am happy....but alive? That is the dilemma.

This new job (that I haven't found yet) must include traveling to really great places, because NEW experiences/places.... make me come alive. Being in different cultures, meeting new people....makes me come alive. A friend mentioned I should have my own show on the Travel channel where I train & sing at every location. Or maybe I could review some really good/unknown bands in far off distant places? Anyone have any connections out there?

So I need a traveling-running-biking-swimming-music-concert watching-job!!!!

help.

No comments: