Saturday, September 15, 2007

Austin City Limits- Day 2



Holy crap. I love this festival.

Started off with Paolo Nutini- incredible. I don't even know what to say.

Damien Rice- his vocals and keys were amazing.

Cold War Kids- not sure, I fell asleep on my blanket. Could have been too much sun and beer.

Indigo Girls- I don't have time cause I am tired. I was in the VERY front. I mean, I couldn't get any closer. They did some stuff with just the two of them and then they totally ROCKED out the last 5 songs of the set. It was an experience. They know how to move an audience and their lyrics are true poetry. 5-3-Human played with them on the last 5 songs and the lead singer for them...wow. They did this rockin' version of Midnight Train to Georgia. I have it on video. Wow.

Arcade Fire- this was mine and Steph's closer. What a bunch of talented freaks. The main girl in this band played EVERY instrument. Vocals, keys, violin, accordion, drums, glockenspiel....but every single person in this band connected to what they were doing. If you don't have any of there stuff. Shame on you. Cause they know how to make music.

Ok, I am tired. Day three tomorrow.....

Yo la tengo.
Ben Kweller
Lucinda Williams
Regina Spektor
Wilco
BOB DYLAN

How great is this weekend.

No comments: