Friday, March 11, 2011

I get by with a little help....

from my friends...those Beatles sure knew what they were talking about. By the way, I still have dreams of an all chick Beatles cover band...whose in? Ok, I digress. This week certainly had its high five moments, many of which came from totally unexpected places.

I had 2 friends get in touch with me that I had not spoken to in a long time. And both were able to just be there...I didn't need there advice and didn't need them to tell me "it's gonna be ok". I just needed them to hang with me...and they did. you know who you are and I am thankful for the reconnection this week.

I also had a really amazing week in both my yoga practice and CrossFit. I have been consistent with my yoga practice for 7 months now, getting in atleast 3 times per week. I love yoga. It centers me, it's great prayer and meditation time and also a wonderful workout. I joined CrossFit Austin a few months ago to see if I could really take my strength to a new level. I got the endurance side of the house but noticed I am weak in strength..well, this week I proved myself wrong in many cases having multiple PRs in the gym with how much weight I am able to lift and then a little work out called "Fight Gone Bad", (I know. I know. this sounds like it was meant for me)I won't go into the details of this workout, but I had a huge personal PR and I left class on adrenaline high, and it carried me through my Friday.

This weekend I will relax a bit and try to get some good reading in. Sounds like a perfect date for me and Mr. Kindle. Looks like Austin weather will cooperate and I can be outside for a good portion of it.

If you see me, I could still use a hug. One day at a time.

What would you think if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me.
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song,
And I'll try not to sing out of key.
Oh I get by with a little help from my friends,
Mmm,I get high with a little help from my friends,
Mmm, I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

What good moments in your week! Awesome that you got connect with close friends. :)