Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Take me out to the Ballgame!!

March Madness will wrap up this weekend....and so that means it is Baseball season!

I have many memories at baseball games as I grew up going to St. Louis Cardinals games with my Grandfather and then eventually my father.
Fathers and their kids - have been going to baseball games for over a hundred years. I have been blessed to have shared unique opportunities over the course of our 30+ years together.

Baseball has been a continuing thread in my relationship with Dad, even though we have gone through some very difficult times. Sports always seem to briefly re-unite us.

I remember sitting along the first base line and watching a ballgame together. Ate hotdogs. (I don't really ever do this unless at a ballgame) Worried over defensive alignments. Ducked foul balls. And went home happy.

Next week I got tickets to go see the Astros play the Cardinals in Houston. It's the Astros opening game and I will be in the minority as I come decked out in Cardinal gear. Tuesday, April 8th I will travel down to watch a game and pray for a Cardinal Victory! I wish Dad could be there to share it with me, he lives in Georgia...I am in Texas.

Fathers, daughters and baseball. Life might get better than that, but it doesn't have to get much better.

No comments: