Friday, April 25, 2008

New Job. Livestrong.



It's official and since work knows...I can post it here. I gave my notice today with Team In Training and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. My final day will be May 9th, 2008 and I will be starting a job with The Lance Armstrong Foundation on May 19th, 2008. I am more than excited about this opportunity and know this is going to be a good move for me. Still working in the athletic realm, I will head up the marathon program and work with another guy on the cycling events and other Grass Roots Efforts. And you better believe LAF will have a Triathlon program when I get done with it! This job is allowing me to dream big and put my stamp on the fight against cancer...get ready!

In most types of change comes sadness and I will miss being around my TNT family. I have made some amazing friends, I have grown as a person and I have been stretched to my limits. All of these are good things when you move down a new path in life, having left the full time world of entertainment!

So here I am...moving down a new road. I have so many friends that have come alongside me during all of this. I am always seeing that my life has a Soundtrack to it and this time I have heard India Arie's song..There's Hope over and over again in my head..

There's hope
It doesn't cost a thing to smile
You don't have to pay to laugh
You better thank God for that


Someone wrote this to me recently...“What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” That is what I hope for TNT and LLS, that what I have left behind is passion to stay committed to an incredible cause and to a great program that continues to change lives! Patients and families still need us to fight for them until there is a cure.

The key to change is to let go of fear and in the last 5 months...I have done just that! Here is to some pretty incredible change coming up and maybe some good blogging!!

I know what some of you are thinking. Yes, will I get caught staring at Lance's legs? I might but just so you know....I have my eyes on another cyclist legs right now!

Cheers!!!

2 comments:

Aldi26 said...

Hooray!!! And I even wore my Livestrong bracelet in honor of your awesomeness today! :)

Jen said...

Wow! Congratulations! What a wonderful opportunity--and they're lucky to have someone so committed to living the healthy tri lifestyle, too!