Friday, February 15, 2008

Yes, We Can

I am absolutely loving the political race right now. I am someone who has always exercised my right to vote and I find it my duty and super exciting to have a small say in our leaders. If you don't agree with me in who to vote for, I am ok with that. Differences are what make us America, freedom of choice is a truly beautiful thing. I just want each of my friends to get out there and VOTE. I have read Barack Obama's book, The Audacity of Hope, and I like his message of HOPE, CHANGE and RESTORATION. I watched this video tonight and it is inspiring. Please before you vote, educate yourself and know what you are voting for. Don't just vote for Presidential, be familiar with your candidates all the way down to local legislation. I say this because I confess for so long I voted a certain way because my parents did...I have come to my senses and I am voting for what I think is right.

Thankfully, we live in a free country (that my ass kicking Marine father & grandfather fought for) This is the first time in my personal voting history that I am excited about who I am voting for...

If you voted in Virginia or Florida recently....well done! If you did not, you can still register to vote this coming November. It's not too late!! Texas vote is coming up, make it happen!

Here is the video on Barack's campaign....

1 comment:

Brian Kirk said...

the youtube link is "no longer available" :( i'd be so psyched if i could get tickets to see the obama & clinton debate next week here in austin.