Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Love me some Edie Brickell


Driving back from a workout this morning, the song Circle comes on...by the one and only Edie Brickell. I may or may not have been caught jamming OUT to this is my car on Mopac. It made me go home and pull up the entire album. It's circa 1988 but it made me SMILE!!! These words are not so relevant to my life at this point but I do remember hearing this back in High School and feeling the connect with her music. You know, cause High School was tough friends! You couldn't PAY me to go back!

Me, I'm a part of your circle of friends
and we notice you don't come around
Me, I think it all depends
on you touching ground with us.
But, I quit. I give up.
Nothing's good enough for anybody else
it seems.
And I quit. I give up.
Nothing's good enough for anybody else
it seems.

No comments: