Monday, January 9, 2012

Rescue me!

Rescue me
Oh take me in your arms
Rescue me
I want your tender charms
'Coz I'm lonely and I'm blue
I need you and your love too
Not much to say except we finally found a perfect rescue dog that fits into our home.  We have been looking for the right match with Pug Rescue of Austin and in December we met Thelma.  (formerly know as Trudy, Little Pug, Tootsie....) She is now home with us and her big sister, Eloise, is loving her as much as we are.  She is 2 years old and was abandoned with a horrible eye infection.  They couldn't save the eye, but she has enough love in the one eye for our entire family.

It's funny, you rescue the dog but let's be honest....it's me they are rescuing.

Here is Thelma.

4 comments:

Meghan said...

OH my word I am so excited about this. One day when a poodle and I rescue one another, I will be very happy.

Kate and Geoff said...

She.is.AMAZING. What a gift! Im so glad you will have each other! Xo

Erica Gault said...

She is so stinkin' cute! I had a rough December and we added Pippa, a lab/pit mix, to our family. There were days that I'd just sit on the ground and pet her and lose time. She was a blessing and we saved each other.

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on reading your blog - Oh how sweet Thelma is!!! We have rescued 2 parakeets, 2 cats and 3 bunnies and, like you, feel they have rescued us. They remind us each and every day that there is joy in the midst or sorrow (due to their incredible cuteness!!!).
Am happy for all of you!