Monday, September 22, 2008

Great weekend...ACL here I come!!!

I had a great end of the week into the weekend.....happy days folks, happy days...

Finished up at my week at the LAF where there is a lot of excitement and buzz over "going global." Check out this video at this LINK if you get the chance. It is an 8 minute video on Stigma and Silence: Global Perceptions on Cancer. Research that was done and now put on video...watch for Lance at the Clinton Global Initiative on Wednesday...it is exciting times as we all have the opportunity to globally change this disease forever. I am also fundraising for the LIVESTRONG Challenge...if you would like, go to THIS LINK AND DONATE!! Every amount helps in the fight against cancer! I am going to do a 90 mile ride in honor of a colleague here at the Foundation that is currently undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer.

Saturday was a bike ride with my co-worker, Kim..we took on the Dam Loop and well...let's just say running the hills does NOT mean you can still ride them. Dripping Springs and 90 miles should be VERY interesting. Saturday night was a yummy dinner with Sam and relaxing time together.

Sunday...got up for a nice swim with T3. That made my total for the week just short of 9000 m....I feel good and strong in the water. After that, met up with a co-worker to walk the dogs at Town Lake. Then Sammy and I went to church, ran many many errands (as I had a car for the weekend) and after grocery shopping, we spent some more time relaxing together. It is rare that Sammy has off a Sunday...so we took full advantage of that! He is off to Italy tomorrow...I know, world travelers we are!! He will wrench for the Duathlon Worlds this coming weekend...I will miss him but it falls on a good weekend as Stephanie and Alida are flying to Austin for a great weekend of music....just go here for the ACL lineup. And then be jealous...cause for 3 days, it will be girl time and good stinkin' music!!! How I would love for the 80 degree weather to stick around! I blogged quite a bit last year on the ACL experience...so stay tuned!! I'm so excited...and I just can't hide it!!

1 comment:

Aldi26 said...

I'm super excited too!!! The 80 degree weather may not stay around, but they are predicting 90 degree weather, which is still a heck of a lot better than the 110 degree weather we usually have! :)

Great girls, great music and great (well at least good) beer...does it get any better??