Wednesday, May 21, 2008

It's a good thing....



It's Friday, the end of my first week of much change. I am tired, but it's a good tired. The above picture are gifts for me on the first day of work at LAF. It's a good thing I like yellow!!! t-shirt, dri-fit shirt, flowers, manifesto poster, books, Nike shoes, Nike watch......GOODNESS!!! It is a great feeling when your work is excited the VERY FIRST day you get there! It is a good feeling to know that you are appreciated from the very start and that they believe you will do really good things with the program you have. It is a good thing when EVERY single person in the organization believes in what the foundation does and strives for excellence on every level. It is a good thing when you wake up in the morning you can't wait to get to your desk and make a difference in other's lives. It's a good thing.

I am excited for my weekend...I have a 6+ hour bike ride tomorrow and a 60 minute run. On Sunday I have a 2.5 hour run + I am going down to Auditorium shores to watch my Cap Tex kids rock the course!! It will be really good to see them all again! Monday is a holiday but only from work...I will do a 4 hour ride with Sammy on that day and get a good swim in. Next week is a hard work as far as the workouts go....4 weeks until I am an IRONMAN...YIKES!!

Lot's going on. Lot's to celebrate. Life is good.

OH!! And me and the boy are doing really great. I am very lucky to have someone like him in my life. Very lucky.

2 comments:

Aldi26 said...

I'm so happy for you! The job sounds great! I'm a little jealous of all the fun presents you are getting too! If you ever get any extras that you want to pass on, you know where you can send them! :)

Anonymous said...

I am excited for you too! Sounds like a great week! Wish you would keep me as informed as your blogger friends! luv, your sister shannon